I can't believe how long it has been since the last post!
Here's a little bit about where we have been and what we have been doing....
- still working the 9 to 5 "day job"
- we rented space in a local brick and mortar store, had success and loved the local presence so we expanded our space.
- we took an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint class and fell in love with the paint so we bought LOTS of furniture and painted LOTS of furniture
- discovered Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint and loved that too so naturally we had to buy more furniture and paint more furniture
- we moved to a larger store in order to expand our business
and then..... we realized we were exhausted and could not continue at the same pace anymore.
So....we closed the brick and mortar space and took some much needed time off.
After we had a chance to recharge our batteries we realized how much we really miss the business and the interaction with our customers. And we realized how much joy we get from taking vintage items and making them beautiful again.
After much consideration we decided to redesign the blog ( thank you Karen at Valentine Designs!!) and we also now have an online presence with an ETSY shop. The really exciting news is that we plan to participate in the Fancy Flea outdoor market in Plant City Florida. We thought it was important for us to have a local presence so that we could continue to interact with our local customers as well as maintain a relationship with our online customers.
We will be posting upcoming events on the blog and we hope you will check back often for updates.